Monday, March 14, 2011

This is the start

Okay, so my weight loss blog and the actual starting point are out of sync. I began on January 31, 2011 at 224.6 lbs. Today (March 14), I'm at 199.2 lbs. That's 10 % of my body weight gone.

I will explore the hows and the whys and all that jazz as we go along. The title derives from my BMI (Body Mass Index for you skinny bitches who can eat a whole pizza and not even belch. There is a special place in hell reserved for you - it's an eternal "Sweatin' To The Oldies" class taught by Richard Simmons). At 5'7" and 224, this nifty little app on my Android phone tells me I'm obese. I hate that fucking word. Overweight is bad enough, but obese is the magic word for discrimination. I've been denied health insurance because of it. I've had people, total strangers, feel free to yell cruel comments at me because of it. I've had directors of dating services tell me it makes me almost impossible to match (I could do better if I smoked, had kids and was into crack).I know there are women larger than I am who are in happy relationships, but I've believed for my adutl life that I was unworthy of having a good man in my life because of my size. At least, none of the ones in whom I've shown interest have reciprocated. Don't get me started on "chubby chasers." I HAVE given a few of them a chance and each one gave me a severe case of the creeps. I've been stood up in restaurants: in fact, my favorite was actually WATCHING the guy turn around and leave when he saw me.

I have a friend whom I love dearly, but when she wants to lash out at me, she immediately goes for the weight. I haven't talked to her in a while.

 I subscribe to Vogue - luckily, they don't ask for a picture and doctor's certificate when you subscribe but the clothing wouldn't fit me. The $hoe$ and handbag$ (belts? No way), but that's about it. Clothes shopping is not  a lot of fun unless I'm willing to dig very deeply into my pocket. Otherwise, it's poor quality, cheap materials and high prices. Can you say, "Lane Bryant"?

The average dress size in the US is 14. Yet, that size and upward goes by the name 'Plus." If 14 is the average, how about calling everything below it "Minus"?

Back to "obese." Like I said, I have this nifty little app on my phone called "My Net Diary." According to it, I am still obese but at 190 lbs, I'm merely "overweight". At 140 lbs, I become "Normal." Okay, fine. Let's see what normal feels like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it civil.