Tuesday, April 17, 2012

If You Write It, They Will Come


I believe it was the Ladies Maines, Maguire and Robison aka The Dixie Chicks who said, “Some days, ya gotta dance.”

Okay, I got laid off from my “day job” on the 19th of March. Unlike last year, the State of California didn’t give me a hard time about unemployment insurance. I was qualified, but they had a bunch of village idiots requesting and processing documentation. Every time I called and/or sent them a document, the timeframe to get things rolling got pushed back 10 days. Funny how, when I called the Governor’s office and told THEM what was going on, I got a call from the regional supervisor and the first check was delivered within 2 days. Don’t screw with me: I know how to make a bureaucracy work for me.

Here was an opportunity: time for me to use as I choose. Yes, spend some time each day working to get gainful employment, but also time available to do what I want. Wasted time, unlike  wasted money, is not something you can get back. We haven’t figured out how to throw things into reverse for do-overs (and anyone bringing up Hermione Grainger and her Time Turner? Shut up).
I “put it out there” that I wanted to do some creative writing. Lo and behold, opportunities came up and I jumped on them: I have friends who have a parody news website: www.dognewsteam.com (they have a Facebook page and they need 41 more likes to become 1,000 likes. If you’re on Facebook, please go like their page:  https://www.facebook.com/#!/dognewsteam).  Someone sent me a link to a request by a locale improve troupe for topical comedy sketches. I’ve submitted two sketches to them and we’ll see what happens.  I’ve told you all this already.

And things are happening.  Desire + belief + action.

Anyway (drum roll, please) here is the “Rick Santorum Makes New Plans” sketch that I WROTE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it civil.